Weight loss or getting into better shape may be at the top of your annual list of New Year’s resolutions, but why wait until the New Year to start. By putting your work-out plan into effect before the holidays, you can help reduce your stress and increase your energy, thereby enjoying the busy holiday season even more.
Here are a few reasons to get started early.
1. Reduce your holiday season stress. Exercise is a great way to work off your stresses and regain a calm and relaxed state of mind. Exercise can help to lower your heart rate, help you to sleep, and increase your overall energy.
2. Keep seasonal illness at bay. Eating right and exercising will help boost your immune system, so that you can more easily fight off any cold or flu bugs that are common during this time of year. Don’t allow yourself to become rundown. If you think you can’t afford the time needed to get fit, then think about the time you’ll lose if you get sick. So … eat lots of fruits and veggies and get your heart healthy with a regular exercise program.
3. Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today. Beginning an exercise routine now will get you started towards your goal before the holiday eating sets you back. Putting it off until later only builds pressure and makes it even harder to start after the holidays. It’s a lot easier to stay on track once you start seeing results, rather than starting off in a worse place than you were before (perhaps five pounds heavier).
4. Take some time for yourself. The holiday season can be pretty hectic for most of us. With fitting entertaining and shopping into our already busy day-to-day lives, we add stress and often end up neglecting ourselves. Instead of putting yourself last, make an effort to do something that is good for you every day – whether it is going to the gym or taking a walk around your neighborhood to look at the decorations. It’s a Wonderful Life when you’re getting fit and feeling good.
5. Strive to improve yourself. There are many reasons to commit yourself in a fitness plan, but the best one is because you will be improving yourself. Starting a fitness routine today is the best way to be the best you.